The Manufacturing Technician is responsible for supporting manufacturing. Individuals in this position are a member of a multi-person supporting the operation of a CNC automated production cell. Typical team would be composed of a Team Lead, Setup Machinist(s) and this position. The Manufacturing Technician is the entry level member of the team performing a variety of functions under the direction of the more experienced members of the team all associated with the operation of the machining center.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operates a Zoller pre-setter, which measures tool sizes/ tool lengths to .0001
- Operates a Haimer tool shrink machine which is used to clamp tools in the appropriate holders on the CNC milling machines
- Loads proper cutting tools in appropriate holders for specific job being run on the machine
- Cleans and maintains tool setting area of the production cell
- Maintains standard tool assemblies that are ready to be used as needed depending on components being fabricated
- Maintains, cleans, organizes all standard tool holders
- Manages and updates tool setup data required for maintaining manufacturing records for each job that is run
- Maintains separate and standard data logs on an electronic system for each specific job that is run including inputting the appropriate job specific data on the companies’ ERP system
- Performs on-going process and dimensional inspection of parts during the production cycle including visual inspection to ensure individual part quality standards are being maintained
- Operates a variety of shop hand tools including band saws, deburring equipment, media blast and parts cleaning equipment
- Prepares raw material for production, specific to the unique specifications for each order that is being produced
- Use the ERP program to track work order information and processes that are to be followed for specific component production requirements
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
- While performing the duties associated with this position the individual is exposed to a machining environment, while fully environmentally controlled, may have fumes associated with the process, along with moving mechanical components and an elevated noise level associated with a production/metal fabrication environment.
- Individuals in this role will routinely lift items up to 50lbs and periodically items up to 75lbs, though lifting equipment is provided and most heavy lifting is performed using hoists
- Eye sight must be sufficient to read shop drawings, visually see the equipment, tools, parts being worked upon, though corrective eye wear is acceptable.
Key knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrates the ability to be self-motivated is comfortable working in a data driven environment with tight timelines for producing and delivering product to the customer
- Detail oriented individual with above average problem-solving skills
- Enjoys working in a smaller environment where being a self-starter, team player are critical aspects of the job
- Requires at a minimum a high school senior skill level in reading, writing and math
- Demonstrated ability to operate computers and use standard programs and software that modern manufacturing companies use to operate the business
- Solid mechanical aptitude and spatial recognition skill
- Ability to use Inspection equipment including a micrometer, caliper, square, etc.
- Able to use standard shop tools, lifting equipment
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma with demonstrated production and metal machining or parts fabrication experience is required
- An Associate Degree in machine tool, mechanical design or similarly related education would be preferred
- 2–3 years of total work experience, including related experience that may have been obtained prior to graduation from school
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- Qualified candidates must be authorized to work and live permanently in the United States
Other Duties as Required:
This job description is not intended to cover or contain an exhaustive list of activities, duties, and responsibilities that are required of the employee who fills this position. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be modified at any time.